Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

November 17, 2012

Can't believe I actually went through with it but exactly 7 days ago I made a huge decision! I decided to give the extensions a break for a while and worse still cut all my hair off! 

At some point in a woman's life, she needs to go short ( so they say). If I didn't do it now I would never have been brave enough to do it as boy was it scary!
When I see women and celebs like Rihanna and Anne Hathaway cut off all their hair and still look amazing I am always like wow, they are lucky to be able to pull that off........ and brave! 
I have pretty much had the same hairstyle for at least the last decade and I really NEEDED a change. I told a few close friends of mine beforehand and rather than them trying to talk me out of it ALL of them were just like DO IT, go for it! so I did ... and my locks of hair ( be it my dear old weave) is gone and I have nothing but a sweeping fringe to hide my face away. A week in, I'm very much mixed feelings. I like the change but I don't feel like me, like something is missing. I'm also not that good at styling it so need to get better at that as well as wearing it with confidence. I also find myself needing to wear my wardrobe a bit differently to match the new look with a more edgier vibe. Response has been it looks really good but apart from my friends I don't know if people are being genuine or just saying it to make me feel better.
I have given myself a month to get used to it and style it up a bit to decide if I'll wear it like this permanently. Having short hair has made me realise how much I used to hide behind my hair and heavy fringe and that short hair (if you're not used to it) can make you feel a bit exposed! Let's see how long I keep it. What do you (honestly) think?


BEFORE 


AFTER ( Short!)








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular