It's all about mum

March 27, 2014



Mother's day is soon approaching so I thought I'd dedicate this post to my dearest mum. Without sounding too soppy or OTT, she is truly my inspiration and the driving force that keeps me going. People never believe that my mum will be turning 65 this year, she looks bloody great and I would only hope to look half as good at her age.

It's safe to say that my interest in fashion definitely derives from my mum and because she is such a hoarder, I've managed to steal some of her  brilliant old wardrobe. She really appreciates nice things but would never dream about spending loads of money on herself.. EVER! A luxury treat to my mum would be a head an outfit from Debenhams or Marks and Spencers and I daren't tell her what I spend on clothes ( she would actually kill me)
The thing about my mum is that she's  always so well turned out for whatever occasion because she has a great eye for good quality and style, is always on trend but has the talent to take a modern trend to make it age appropriate as well as flattering for her shape. 
Have to admit that as my style has evolved from my teens to early 20's to now she much prefers  how I dress now to 10 years ago. She used to hate my choice of clothes as much as I would hate hers, and a shopping trip with her always used to turn out a nightmare ending up with me in tears. 
       Mum rocking the monochrome and baroque trend in her own way 
                       #ThrowBack Ma and I during my First Holy Communion aged 6? maybe 7

There are no words to describe how much I adore and respect this woman. So just to say happy Mother's Day mum, lots of love xx
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day with your mum's treating them senseless!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed

Most Popular