Travels : Sunce Beat Festival Croatia

August 28, 2014

A few weeks ago, my close girlfriend and I ventured out to Croatia for the first time for the yearly Sunce Beat Festival. I have been hearing some great things about Croatia over the last couple of years so the festival was the perfect reason to experience it myself. Some have been saying Croatia is the new Ibiza but for someone who has been going to Ibiza every year for the last decade, I was apprehensive. I did end up having a great time but wished I'd had time to visit towns like Split and Hvar instead of staying in Tisno all week. Here are my initial thoughts on the country and the Festival.
Croatia 
Croatia is beautiful. It's understated, it's serene and as its only recently become a popular tourist destination, ( 5-6 years or so) it still retains some authenticity. The beaches aren't great. They are rocky and stoney, some even paved with concrete so if you're looking for white sands, you'll be disappointed ( though there maybe much better beaches in other parts I don't know about) .The sea however is lovely, crystal clear and calm and I would recommend it for the lucky ones  who are island hopping by boat or yacht.

One of the other things I loved was that everything was cheap!
Maybe I'm used to Ibiza prices but I thought it was great value for money especially with things like food, alcohol and taxis.  I also found people were really friendly and helpful but at the same time kept themselves to themselves. I would go again but think I need to see other islands like Hvar while I'm there to really get the best out of it.


Sunce Beat Festival
My friend and I decided to go to Sunce Beat as we have been going to (and been great fans of ) South Port Weekender  UK  for years.  South Port parties aren't not known for flashy hotels or glamours locations, but fantastic music from some of the UK's top DJ's.  There's always the sense that people go primarily for the music and I love about that sort of atmosphere.
Sunce Beat was very much the same in that sense. The crowd is older (say early 30's to 50's) with a complete diverse mix of people all there for the music. With boat parties, live PA's and beach bars,  there was enough change of scenery as you are basically on one festival site for the whole week. The only thing I was a little disappointed about (for me and my preference) was the lack of old school R&B and hip hop. As much as I love house music ( funky, soul and smooth) after a week, it got a little repetitive. The beauty of the South Port weekends were that entire rooms were dedicated to R&B and hip hop, from 90's 80's and old skool disco songs. You could dip in and out of genres, and get the best of both. However, if house music is your bag, you'll absolutely love it!  
What I wore
Not one pair of heels were worn on this holiday, hard to believe I know. I definitely kept it more casual and practically lived in shorts, flats and trainers! I actually made more of an effort in the day with my beachwear, and switched it up with various cover ups, tops and accessories. It's also great to give my skin a bit of a break and not wear as much make-up, as well as get some much needed vitamin D. Can't believe my summer holiday went so quickly! :-(



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular