Out and about: The Chiltern Firehouse

September 04, 2014

The Chiltern Firehouse restaurant and bar Marylebone

Last weekend, my close girlfriend and I had drinks at one of the most talked about London hotspots of  the year,The Chiltern Firehouse. Living in Brighton for so long has meant that I'm completely out of the loop on the new London openings, and  missed the hype around the Chiltern opening earlier this year. My friend had been to dinner a few weeks before and had nothing but rave reviews so I was intrigued to see what it was all about.
As soon as we arrived, I felt like I had been taken back in time to  when I was living in LA many years ago, and stayed at the  gorgeous  Chateau Marmont  hotel. Because I was probably hiding under a rock at the time (seriously, I can't believe I missed this), I didn't realise that  The Chiltern is in fact owned by Andre Balazs, the same man behind the Mercer in New York,  The Standard hotels in the US, and of course Chateau Marmont.  

I can't tell you how beautifully layed out this former fire station in Marylebone is. As his first ever property outside the US, I instantly felt the Balazs's stamp, and excited that London finally has its very own Chateau Marmont replica. The cool, glamorous ambiance still resonates but the fire station theme gives it more of an English/London feel, which I loved. 
On this occasion, we went for Sunday drinks and snacks on the outside terrace, to make the most of the final summer days. I had the signature crab stuffed doughnuts as a snack, but based on the way those tasted, I'd like to go back and order everything on the menu! 

 
I wish I had taken photos but I remember that Chateau had a strict no photographs policy so didn't want to get in trouble or worse kicked out! ( though I have seen lots of reviews with photos online since) 
I definitely want to explore the menu over a lunch or dinner and do a review though by the looks of it I'll  have to wait as its already fully booked till December!
I also have to point out that The Chiltern has the friendliest most helpful service team. As per usual, I had iPhone charge issues and the hosts were only happy to charge it for me at reception when I asked.  Being the calamity Jane that I am, I was then late for my next meet-up, so one of the guys kindly hailed me a cab from the main road, got in it and got the driver to stop just outside so I wouldn't have to walk. Excellent service goes a long way, and it has made me even more eager to go again. 
The Chiltern gets five stars from me :-) 

What I wore 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular